Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year’s Resolution

Several months ago I found this blog site called New Dress A Day. It is about a girl who needed a creative outlet. She decided to challenge herself to create a new, stylish dress each day out of second hand clothes. I am not about to go sewing up a new dress a day but I have decided that as one of my new year’s resolutions that I would create at least one new art piece a month. I am an art teacher and tend to focus more on my students art instead of focusing on my own. I have struggled for years trying to figure out what kind of artist I want to be. I love being an art teacher but I would also love to see myself as a professional artist as well. What better way to create structure for myself then through a blog. I hope that sharing my journey will also inspire others not be afraid to just draw and explore.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a great idea! I really do. I have a problem working on my own art, too. I just can't seem to get inspired after working all day or all week. This may be something I could do, though. Just once a month? I may just try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janie! Yep, once a month. I personally am going to try for more than one but the minimum goal is one. There are those months where I have so much going on and I don't want to feel over pressured to produce when I can't.

    ReplyDelete